Council on Approved Student Education (CASE) Student Scholarship
The Council on Approved Student Education is pleased to announce that nominations are being solicited for the 2020 CASE Student Scholarship. Students from NCRA-approved reporter education programs are encouraged to apply for consideration of the five scholarship awards in the amounts of $250, $500, $750, $1000, and $1500.
This scholarship is offered through the National Court Reporters Association. Students must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the completed application listed below to qualify for the scholarship. Notification of the CASE Scholarship is sent each February to all NCRA-approved court reporting programs.
To be eligible to apply for the CASE student scholarship, students must meet the criteria below:
- Attend an NCRA-approved court reporting program;
- Hold student membership in NCRA;
- Have attained an exemplary academic record;
- Have passed one skills test writing 140-180 words per minute at the time of submission.
The following documents are required to be submitted for application:
- Speed verification form;
- Three recommendation forms;
- A copy of the student's most recent transcript;
- An essay on a subject: What do you think makes you good at writing steno and what skill sets do you possess that you believe will help you build your career as a court reporter?
Students who have previously been awarded a CASE scholarship are not eligible to apply.
CASE Scholarship Past Winners
For more information on the CASE Student Scholarship, please contact the Education Department at email@example.com.