The following criteria and documentation must be met and submitted to apply:
- The applicant must be a current NCRA member.
- The applicant must have passed EITHER the Registered Professional Reporter (RPR) certification or the Registered Skilled Reporter (RSR) certification.
- The applicant must be in his/her first two years of reporting with documentation as proof: e.g. agency letter, transcripts with dates.
- The applicant must be working in any of the three career paths: Judicial (official/freelance), CART, or captioning.
How to apply
The following documents are required to be submitted for application:
- Grant application form
- A letter of recommendation from his/her employer or contracting agency attesting to the applicant's professional demeanor and motivation.
- An essay (300-500 words) on the topic: "Explain why you believe how the service of court reporting contributes to fair trials, equality, justice, and other legal events".