Members must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the completed documentation listed below to qualify for the grant.
- The applicant/nominee must be an NCRA member in good standing.
- The applicant/nominee must be either actively involved in the court reporting or captioning arena or have been actively engaged in working in court reporting or captioning within the previous year.
- The applicant/nominee must have demonstrated excellence in the field by: Work history; dedication to the advancement of the profession; volunteerism; education; and/or support of the profession in an exemplary way.
- Self-nominations are permitted with appropriate documentation.
- The applicant/nominee must have shown through leadership, training, support, and/or education, the ability to motivate and encourage and inspire others in the field. Documentation for this can be self-reported and confirmed by a third-party to verify information.
- The applicant/nominee must have demonstrated a consistent desire to improve the culture, spirit, and perception of the court reporting and captioning field through community outreach, personal interaction, and professional team building.
How to apply
The following documents and information are required to be submitted for application:
- Completed Carl Sauceda Grant Application/Nomination Form
- Essay between 300-350 words, double-spaced, with his/her full name on each page. (TBD)
- Evidence of the event, activity, or program that the applicant/nominee hosted. Photographs, testimonials of attendees, blogposts, and writeups are all evidence of the noted activity.
- For Self-Nominations: At least one other person must corroborate in writing that the event, activity, or program did take place to corroborate the nominee’s outreach. The audience must be identified as well.