The New Professional Reporter Grant is awarded annually to a promising working court reporter in his or her first year out of school. The grant is $2,000 and helps support start-up expenses for a new court reporter, such as purchasing software and earning credentials.
Criteria for NCRF's New Professional Reporter Grant
- The applicant must be a current NCRA member.
- The applicant must have graduated from an NCRA-certified program.
- The applicant must have graduated with a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall, based on a 4.0 standard or equivalent, as verified by his/her transcript.
- The applicant must submit a copy of his/her official transcript with this application.
- The applicant must be in his/her first year out of school, as verified by an official transcript.
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her employer or contracting agency attesting to the applicant's professional demeanor, attitude, and motivation.
- The applicant must be working in any of the three career paths: judicial (official/freelance), CART, or captioning.
NOTE: Only one nomination will be accepted per employer or agency.
2018 - Sindee Baum, Magna, North Massapequa, NY
2017 - Valerie Melkus, Clark & Associates, Charleston, SC
2016 - Cathy Carpenter, First Choice Reporting & Video, Orlando, FL
2015 - Rachelle Cahoon, Tucker and Associates, Boise, ID
2014 - Shannon Bevin, Admiral Reporting and Video Services, Bayside, NY
2013 - Heather King, Tom Crites & Associates International, Inc., Savannah, GA
2012 - Anna Lashley, Tallapoosa County Courthouse, Dadeville, AL
2011 - Lauren Ann Balogh, A. Williams Roberts, Jr. & Assoc., Charleston, SC
2010 - Sharon Rausch, U.S. Legal Support, Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, FL
2009 - Linda Visser, Falcon Reporting, Orlando, FL
2008 - Jennifer Mann, Ace Reporters, Philadelphia, PA
2007 - Erin Brockman, Polk County Courthouse, Des Moines, IA
2006 - Kristina Pedersen, Bluegrass Reporting Agency, LLC, Paducah KY
2005 - Laura Tharp, Siedel & Sasse, Valparaiso, IN
For questions or additional information about this program and other NCRF programs, contact April Weiner, NCRF Assistant Director for Development, at email@example.com