Council on Approved Student Education | CASE Award of Excellence:
The Council on Approved Student Education (CASE) Award of Excellence is conferred upon an outstanding educator. This person exemplifies dedication to students and extraordinary contributions to reporter education.
Nominations for the 2019 CASE Award of Excellence are now closed.
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be on the faculty of an NCRA-approved court reporting program.
- Nominee must be a member of NCRA.
- Nominee must have at least five years of experience teaching and not be a past award recipient.
- Nominations must include the completed nomination form.
- Nominee cannot be a current CASE member.
Students, fellow faculty members, administrators, or NCRA members can submit nominations. The NCRA Award of Excellence nomination form must be used to nominate an educator. A letter or an email in its place will not be considered. Nominations will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Student engagement/Mentoring: Explain how the nominee supports student activities, including counseling, placement assistance, and advising groups.
- Teaching/Instruction: Demonstrate the nominee’s excellence in teaching based on contemporary, research-based knowledge of court reporting education, and the development of teaching aids and methods.
- Leadership: Outline the nominee’s leadership skills by providing examples of the nominee’s problem-solving, motivation, and guidance skills.
- Professional development: Demonstrate how the nominee has served the advancement of the profession through involvement in professional organizations or creation of professional development programs.
- Research: Cite examples of the nominee’s research and writing that advances court reporting education or the field.
Educators who have previously won the CASE Award of Excellence are not eligible to be nominated.
2018 Recipient: Robyn Hennigan, RPR, CRI
CASE Award of Excellence Past Recipients
For more information on the CASE Award of Excellence, please contact Cynthia Bruce Andrews
, Senior Director, Education and Certification