Students, fellow faculty members, administrators, or NCRA members can submit nominations. The NCRA Award of Excellence nomination form must be used to nominate an educator. A letter or an email in its place will not be considered. Nominations will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Student engagement/Mentoring: Explain how the nominee supports student activities, including counseling, placement assistance, and advising groups.
- Teaching/Instruction: Demonstrate the nominee’s excellence in teaching based on contemporary, research-based knowledge of court reporting education, and the development of teaching aids and methods.
- Leadership: Outline the nominee’s leadership skills by providing examples of the nominee’s problem-solving, motivation, and guidance skills.
- Professional development: Demonstrate how the nominee has served the advancement of the profession through involvement in professional organizations or creation of professional development programs.
- Research: Cite examples of the nominee’s research and writing that advances court reporting education or the field.