Thank you for volunteering to transcribe the firsthand recollections of America’s war veterans!
Please review A Guide to Transcribing Oral History Interviews, provided by the Library of Congress Veterans History Project (VHP), for a brief overview of the VHP and other creation and style guidelines you should follow. Please also watch the Library of Congress’ Field Kit Companion Video.
Registered members will earn 0.25 PDC for each recording you transcribe, up to a maximum of 1.0 PDC (or four completed transcriptions) per three-year certification cycle. Learn more about PDCs and CEUs at NCRA.org/WaysToEarn. You can find the PDC submission form online at NCRA.org/CEUforms.
Please note: Live interviews must last a minimum of 30 minutes as per the Library of Congress.
Please return the following items to NCRF:
- a hard copy of the transcript (required)
- a CD with transcript as .txt file (required)
- the Gratuitous Service Agreement (required)
- the required forms for the veteran and interviewer to fill out from the Library of Congress Field Kit (e.g., Biographical Data Form, Veterans Release Form, Interviewer’s Release Form, etc.)
- a separate CD, DVD, or other recording (e.g., digital video) containing the audio or video file (optional, but preferred by the Library of Congress).
If you are transcribing more than one collection, please complete and return a separate two-sided Gratuitous Service Agreement with each transcription.
For additional information, please visit loc.gov/vets.
Thank you again!
National Court Reporters Foundation
Veterans History Project
12030 Sunrise Valley Dr. Suite 400
Reston, VA 20191