This $1,000 memorial scholarship has been created by our NCRF Trustees and Angel Gatherers Committee members to honor the memory of Gina Battaglia, daughter of Angel Stephanie Zeder Battaglia, RMR, CRR, a freelance court reporter from Hinsdale, Ill.
Gina passed away unexpectedly in October 2022. Stephanie’s Facebook practice colleagues and other court reporting friends started a fundraiser to honor Gina’s memory. She also is now an NCRF Memorial Angel. The memorial scholarship is intended to help another rising student who might need a scholarship in addition to the annual NCRF Student Intern Scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for the Gina Battaglia Memorial Student Intern Scholarship, students must meet the criteria below:
- Be a current NCRA student member;
- Be enrolled in a stenographic court reporting program;
- Have been an intern in the past 12 months in any of the three career paths: Judicial (official or freelance), CART, or captioning;
- If in a judicial court reporting program, must have passed at least one of the program’s Q & A tests at a minimum of 190 wpm;
- If in a CART or captioning program, must have passed at least one of the program’s literary tests at a minimum of 160 wpm;
- Have a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall based on a 4.0 standard or equivalent;
- Possess all the qualities exemplified by a professional court reporter, including professional attitude, demeanor, dress, and motivation as confirmed in a letter of recommendation.
Contact Jill Parker Landsman, Development Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-584-9052.