National Court Reporters Association
Date Posted : March 26, 2021
Do you enjoy helping people in their professional growth? Answering questions and resolving their issues? Do you have strong member service skills and patience for walking people through processes?
This position will be responsible for providing direction and overseeing the administrative coordination and support to member and school services, and support for Professional Development activities, including live event coordination and educational services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide direction and oversee the administrative coordination and support to member and school services, and support for Professional Development activities, including live event coordination and educational services. Duties include:
School Support Programs (40%)
- Respond in a timely and knowledgeable manner to all inquiries from the Schools email box.
- Assist the Director with the school certification process.
- Occasional travel to schools as necessary to lead site visits for re-certifications.
- Oversee invoicing and fee collection related to school certification programs.
- Manage annual renewal process for Certified and Participating Schools, including invoicing, collecting fees, and annual reports.
- Update database and website on any changes from the school annual reports.
- Work with school owners, administrators, faculty and others to identify timely, relevant topics for continuing education webinars.
- Process and handle admission leads and general school inquiries.
- Manage the A toZ registration, certificates, and school leads.
Coordination of Virtual Mentoring Program (45%)
- Respond in a timely and knowledgeable manner to all potential mentor/mentee candidates from the Virtual Mentoring email box.
- Assist in the update of the mentor/mentee training handbook.
- Oversee the mentor/mentee matching process.
- Supervise on-going mentor/mentee relationships, including management of mentor/mentee reporting and support.
- Address any concerns about mentor conduct or conflict and escalate when appropriate.
- Plan and execute biannual mentor continuing education and support meetings.
- Maintain and expand relationships with state associations.
- Maintain and report program metrics to Director.
- Implement and execute program evaluations.
Committee Support (10%)
- Serve as junior staff liaison to the Council on Approved Student Education (CASE).
- Provide additional assistance to the Director in support of the Test Advisory Committee (TAC), Council of the Academy of Professional Reporters (CAPR), Skills Test Writing Committee, and Written Knowledge Test Committee.
- Attend conference calls and onsite meetings when appropriate.
Professional Development Support (5%)
- Assist entire department with strategic support as needed.
Overall, must have excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Comfortable working independently and with teams. Ability to provide excellent member service in a patient and professional manner with a knack for step-by-step assistance.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge and proven ability to use Microsoft Office products and general office equipment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft CRM or similar database, customer relationship management software a plus. Excellent time management skills.
- Precise attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of writing copy for websites and reports.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience with an association, membership organization
- Higher education experience a plus.
- Experience in a membership association environment.
- Experience with a membership database or any relational database
- Excellent record of member/customer service.
- Experience working with school faculty and committee work a plus.
Location and travel
- This role is based at NCRA headquarters in Reston, VA. Position is full-time.We are currently working remotely with few occasions to come to the office.
- Travel to several NCRA events around the US throughout the year.
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com