Robert H. Clark Scholarship
NCRF will be awarding the Robert H. Clark Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 in 2017.
This scholarship is named for the late Robert H. (Bob) Clark, a court reporter from Los Angeles, Calif., who was dedicated to preserving the history of the profession. Bob was the beloved, longest-tenured Librarian-Historian in NCRA history for approximately 26 years. In 1993, he donated his extensive collection of books, artifacts, and documents related to court reporting to NCRF, establishing the Robert H. Clark Library at NCRA/F headquarters. Bob was honored with the title of Librarian-Historian Emeritus in 1997. He passed away in 2000.
In 2015, Bob’s cousin, Donna Hamer, made a generous donation to NCRF to honor Bob, and NCRF created the new Robert H. Clark Scholarship. It will be awarded in the amount of $2,000 for five years beginning in 2015 and running through 2019.
Watch for announcements here and through NCRA media, such as the JCR and JCR Weekly emails to the membership. Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
Criteria for the Robert H. Clark Scholarship:
- The nominee must be a current NCRA student member.
- The nominee must be enrolled in an NCRA-certified court reporting program.
- The nominee must have passed at least one of the court reporting program's Q & A tests at a minimum of 200 words per minute.
- The nominee must have a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall, based on a 4.0 standard.
- The nominee must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
- Nominees must possess all the qualities exemplified by a professional court reporter, including professional attitude, demeanor, dress and motivation.
- All criteria must be confirmed and verified by the submitting court reporting program.
For any questions, contact April Weiner, NCRF's Foundation Manager, by phone on 800/272-6272, ext. 152, or by email at email@example.com.
2017: Laurel Stalnaker, Sumner College, Portland, Ore.
2016: Natasha Jones, Prince Institute--Great Lakes, Schaumburg, Ill.
2015: Chaya Shusterman, New York Career Institute, New York, N.Y.