Frank Sarli Memorial Scholarship
The Frank Sarli Memorial Scholarship is a $2,000 award, given annually to a high-achieving court reporting student.
This scholarship honors the late Frank Sarli, a court reporter who was committed to supporting students through years of service on NCRA’s committees and boards that guide the education of court reporting students. This $2,000 scholarship is awarded in his memory annually to a student who demonstrates high achievement and professionalism. Recipients are nominated by their schools and must meet the below criteria to qualify.
Criteria for the Frank Sarli Memorial Scholarship:
- The nominee must be a current NCRA student member.
- The nominee must be enrolled in an NCRA-approved court reporting program.
- The nominee must have passed at least one of the court reporting program’s Q&A tests at a minimum of 200 wpm.
- The nominee must have a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall, based on a 4.0 standard.
- The nominee must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
- Nominees must possess all the qualities exemplified by a professional court reporter, including professional attitude, demeanor, dress, and motivation.
- All criteria must be confirmed and verified by the submitting court reporting program.
2016: Nicole Bulldis, Green River Community College, Auburn, WA
2015: Kendra Steppler, Sumner College, Portland, OR
2014: Jessica D’Agostino, Atlantic Technical Center, Margate, FL
2013: Justine Kiechel, College of Court Reporting, Hobart, IN
2012: Cynthia Garcia, Sage College, Moreno Valley, CA
2011: Christina Essi, Cuyahoga Community College, Parma, OH
2010: Melissa R. Ruiz, Alvin Community College, Alvin, TX
2009: Susan Hill, College of Legal Arts, Portland, OR
2008: Leia Nikaido, College of Legal Arts, Portland, OR
2007: Peter Toth, Long Island Business Institute, Commack, NY
2006: Cindy J. Ormerod, Metropolitan College, Albuquerque, NM
2005: Sherry Lindsay, College of Legal Arts, Portland, OR
2004: Summer I. Preddy, Court Reporting Institute of Houston, Houston, TX
2003: Adam Stock, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
2002: Peggy Presson Davis, Court Reporting Institute of Dallas, Dallas, TX
2001: Linette K. Neal, St. Louis Community College at Meramec, St. Louis, MO
2000: Helen Oh, MacCormac College, Elmhurst, IL
1999: Suzanne Levesque, New England Tech. Institute, New Britain, CT
1998: Cheryl Nordstrom, Rasmussen College, Minnetonka, MN
1997: Melissa Slimmer, Rasmussen College, St. Cloud, MN
For any questions, contact April Weiner, Foundation Manager, by phone at 800-272-6272, ext. 152, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.