Official Court Reporter Cuyahoga County Common Pleas CourtCleveland, Ohio
Job title: Assistant Court Reporter
Reports to: Chief Official Reporter
Starting salary: $ 55,924.96
This is an unclassified position held at the pleasure of the Court. This position provides court reporting services to the judges of the Court of Common Pleas by means of computer-aided stenotype machines for verbatim recording of all court proceedings.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Recording and transcribing testimony using computer-aided transcription (CAT) on a wide variety of subjects involving legal, medical, scientific and technical fields;
- Identifying and retaining custody of exhibits during trial;
- Maintaining personal job log, logging and filing notes, timely filing of job cards;
- Providing a timely electronic copy of stenotype notes, audio files, as well as an electronic copy of all completed transcripts, to the Chief Official Reporter for archival purposes;
- Providing complete or partial transcripts to judges, attorneys, and/or litigants in a timely manner;
- Performing a variety of other related duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed. Other duties may be assigned.