NCRA CASE student scholarship
Council on Approved Student Education (CASE) student scholarship
This scholarship is offered through the National Court Reporters Association. Students must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the completed application listed below to qualify for the scholarship. Notification of the CASE Scholarship is sent each February to all NCRA-approved court reporting programs.
The nomination period for the 2017 CASE student scholarship is now closed.
The first place winner will receive $1,500; second place, $1,000; and third place, $500.
To be eligible to apply for the CASE student scholarship, you must meet the criteria below:
- Attend an NCRA-approved court reporting program.
- Hold student membership in NCRA.
- Have attained an exemplary academic record.
- Have passed one skills test writing 140-180 words per minute at the time of submission (submit verification form).
- Submit three recommendation forms.
- Submit an essay on the following subject: “Describe what the professions of court reporting and captioning are like today from your perspective. What do you think the professions of court reporting and captioning will be like in the next ten years?”
- Submit the entire application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship is now closed for 2017. Please check back here for the 2018 scholarship forms.
*Students who have previously been awarded a CASE scholarship are not eligible to apply.
For more information on the CASE student scholarship, please contact a member of our Education Team at email@example.com.