NCRA CASE student scholarship
Council on Approved Student Education (CASE) student scholarship
This scholarship is offered through the National Court Reporters Association. Students must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the completed application listed below to qualify for the scholarship. Notification of the CASE Scholarship is sent each February to all NCRA-approved court reporting programs.
The nomination period for the 2018 CASE student scholarship is now open.
The first place winner will receive $1,500; second place, $1,000; third place, $750; fourth place, $500, and fifth place, $250.
To be eligible to apply for the CASE student scholarship, students must meet the criteria below:
- Attend an NCRA-approved court reporting program;
- Hold student membership in NCRA;
- Have attained an exemplary academic record;
- Have passed one skills test writing 140-180 words per minute at the time of submission
The following documents are required to be submitted for application:
- Speed verification form;
- Three recommendation forms;
- A copy of the student's most recent transcript;
- An essay on the subject, "Pick an experience during your court reporting education and explain how it has influenced your development."
*See Letter of instructions below for complete details and directions.
Download 2018 scholarship forms here:
Completed applications and all forms must be received or postmarked on or before April 30, 2018 and submitted to email@example.com.
Students who have previously been awarded a CASE scholarship are not eligible to apply.
For more information on the CASE student scholarship, please contact Ellen Goff, Professional Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.