Certification Test Center
How to Take an Online NCRA Skills Test in Realtime Coach
- Review Testing Requirements, Rules and FAQs
- Register for Your Test
- Log in to Realtime Coach™ (RTC)
- Practice the Testing Process
- Get Your Skills Up to Speed
- Scheduling Your Test
- Taking Your Test
1. Review Testing Requirements, Rules and FAQs:
- Review online skills testing FAQs, Equipment Requirements, and Testing Policies at Online Skills Testing.
2. Registering for Your Test:
- Register for your online skills test at NCRA.org/testing after reviewing the requirements and testing policies in step 1 above. **Note: All exams should be scheduled and taken within thirty days of your confirmation email that includes your scheduling instructions.**
3. Logging in to Realtime Coach™ (RTC):
- Log in to Realtime Coach™ using the information provided to you by email (within three business days of your test purchase).
4. Practicing the Testing Process:
- Be sure your internet, computer, web browser, web cam, and microphone meet the minimum requirements.
- Place your writer in test mode, and set up your writer, CAT software, and computer to be ready to write.
- Log in to RTC, and navigate to the NCRA Certification Tests Center practice tests.
- Click the Play button to start the test, and follow the steps of the standard testing process (including writing the test, uploading your Steno notes & final transcript files, copying & pasting your final transcript into the Realtime Coach™ My Transcript window, and clicking to receive your estimated score). If you are new to online testing, be sure to go through the detailed, step-by-step instructions for taking your Realtime or Transcription test.
5. Getting Your Skills Up to Speed:
- Be sure to begin preparing for your skills test several months prior to taking it.
- Practice daily from between 15-60 minutes, focusing on your individual areas of weakness.
- Consider joining Realtime Coach™ for advanced Certification Prep resources that will help you find and overcome your weak points.
6. Scheduling a Test:
- Log in to RTC, and navigate to the NCRA Certification Tests Center.
- Place a check in the box next to the statement: I have successfully practiced the testing process and feel ready to schedule and take my skills test (under the heading Ready to test?).
- Click the Schedule my Test button, and follow the steps of scheduling your test with ProctorU.
7. Taking Your Test:
- Log into RTC, and navigate to the NCRA Certification Tests Center.
- Place a check in the box next to the statement: I have successfully practiced the testing process and feel ready to schedule and take my skills test (under the heading “3. Test”).
- Click the Take My Test button, and follow the steps of taking your test with ProctorU.
- Press Play on the exam and complete the testing process, just as you’ve practiced.
- Receive your estimated score.
- Delete all test files from your writer, CAT software, and computer (including your computer’s Recycle Bin).
- Receive your certified final score from NCRA within seven business days of taking your exam.