Continuing Education Fee Frequently Asked Questions
Why is there a fee to submit coursework to my NCRA transcript?
NCRA has to maintain a database, financial records, and manage the paperwork for the transcripts. Many states accept our transcript as proof of continuing education for state certification purposes due to our diligence.
How do you arrive at the amount for this fee?
We estimate the costs and average them over the number of submissions throughout the year. These costs do change over time.
Is it possible to submit all my CEUs at once for one fee?
No. There is a separate fee per course as the courses need to be reflected separately on the transcript.
What is defined as a course? A course is defined as:
- Multiple sessions taken on one calendar day from the one vendor. Multiple days will incur multiple charges; different vendors require separate fees. The vendors covered by this are below:
- Stenograph/Prince Institute
- Stenographer’s World
- CCR Seminars
- Bridges Court Reporting
- Any course meeting NCRA requirements from an independently accredited school, college, and/or university.
- Multiple programs taught over the course of a single convention.
- Individualized training taught on one subject by one instructor or a team of instructors over a 12 month period.
Are CEU submissions covered under my annual fees to NCRA?
Your NCRA member dues and CLVS renewal fees only cover the general expenses of maintaining your membership. Additional charges accrue for individual continuing education submissions.
How can I pay less in continuing education fees?
There are many ways where you can save on your continuing education fees. Some of them are:
- Attend an NCRA sponsored event. NCRA holds several events throughout the year that provide continuing education opportunities for our members, like our annual Convention and TechCon. Please check the NCRA calendar for more information on what is coming up.
- Attend a state convention. Most state affiliate associations submit events for approval by NCRA and submit the lists to us after the event. Visit the Continuing Education Calendar for more information or check with your state association.
- View one of NCRA’s e-seminars. E-Seminars represent the most convenient way to earn CEUs when and where you need them. Featuring recorded video and downloadable handout materials, e-seminars allow you to access the best presentations from past NCRA events and webinars. Explore NCRA's E-Seminar Library.
Last updated January 2018