Electronic File Preparation
- JCR can accept many file formats including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Quark XPress, PageMaker and Adobe PDF. See below for tips on PDF file preparation and an Advertiser Checklist of file specifications.
- To ensure your files run as smoothly and efficiently as possible, please supply the original graphic files and fonts along with your file.
- Word documents are not acceptable. Please contact Amy Law at 703-556-6272 ext. 136 for additional information.
ADOBE PDF FILES
- Visit the JCR printer's web site http://dsc.rrd.com/DSC/index.cfm for detailed information on PDF file creation for print, dowloadable postscript printer descriptions, and instructions for installing print drivers.
- When creating PDF files make sure you have embedded your fonts and are creating a high resolution file suitable for the demands of print.
- If you have any questions about how to prepare your files, e-mail Amy Law or call her at 703-556-6272, ext 136.
ELECTRONIC FILE TRANSFER
JCR has many options for receiving files from advertisers including FTP, e-mail, CD, and DVD.
Make sure your original ad file meets these specifications before sending it to JCR or printing a PDF fle:
- The document size is exactly the size needed for the finished ad (i.e. 1/4 page is 3 3/8" x 4 7/8"). If your ad is a full page with bleeds, make sure you leave 1/8" extra for bleeds.
- All spot colors have been converted to CMYK.
- All graphic files have been converted from RGB to CMYK. If your graphic is to print as black, make sure you've converted it to grayscale or black.
- The final resolution of your scanned images should be 300 dpi and placed at 100% or smaller. Enlarging the image in the layout program reduces the final resolution.
- All fonts (printer and screen) have been supplied, including fonts in graphics files that haven't been converted to outlines.
- Photoshop files: Layers have been flattened.
- Illustrator files: All type has been converted to outlines.
- Use the bold or italic version of a font, not the bold or italic commands in your layout program.
- All support (graphic) files have been supplied.
- 100% sized laser proof is sent for black and white ads.
- 100% sized color proof is sent for color ads.