NCRF’s annual fundraising phone-a-thon rings with success
Contributions poured in as eight NCRA members volunteered to staff phones and call more than 3,000 fellow members to ask for donations during NCRF’s annual three-day phone-at-thon recently held at NCRA’s headquarters in Vienna, Va.
- Cathy Penniston, a captioner and CART provider from Ottumwa, Iowa
- Bonnie Shuttleworth, a court reporting instructor from Crestwood, Ill.
- Cecilee Wilson, a captioner and CART provider from Kaysville, Utah
- Teresa Kordick, a court reporter from Des Moines, Iowa
- Jackie Timmons, a court reporter from Darien, Ill.
- Sharon Fox, a court reporter from Bismarck, N.D.
- Jan Ballman, a court reporting firm owner and the Foundation’s secretary/treasurer, from Minneapolis, Minn.
- Lisa DiMonte, CEO of Planet Depos, an international court reporting firm based in Washington, D.C.
- Joan McQuinn, a court reporter from Rockford, Ill.
“NCRF could not exist without the volunteer support we receive. It’s the volunteers who raise the money for our programs,” said B.J. Shorak, deputy executive director of the Foundation. “We appreciate the busy schedules that court reporters keep, so when they take precious time from work and family to help support the Foundation, it just shows the strong commitment they have to their profession.”
The annual phone-a-thon is one of the Foundation’s largest fundraising events and typically raises more than $50,000 each year.