At the TRAIN Stop…
As you may know, the new Windows 8 contains major changes in the user interface. A very helpful tutorial for anyone who is starting to use Windows 8 can be found here.
For more helpful YouTube videos, including realtime computer setup videos, please visit NCRA’s YouTube page.
Realtime Tech Tips from TRAIN:
- Always use a power strip that has an illuminated or lighted on/off switch. That way you can be sure you are actually getting power from the plug.
- Create a “cheat sheet” of realtime troubleshooting tips, laminate it, and keep it in your computer case. NCRA also publishes a great resource in the “Realtime Troubleshooting Pocket Guide.” You can find this at the NCRA Store.
- Bring your sense of humor. Don’t be so hard on yourself when things translate funny. Remember, it’s called a “draft” transcript – counsel does not expect a perfect transcript. Pack your lunch and edit during your lunch break and fix all those funny translates (or untranslates).
Upcoming TRAIN Chats:
Wednesday, December 12th at 9:00 p.m. Eastern –
- Topic: Software specific tips and tricks
- 9:00pm to 9:20pm - CaseCAT;
- 9:20pm to 9:40pm - Eclipse;
- 9:40pm to 10:00pm - StenoCAT and other softwares
Sunday, December 16th at 7:00 p.m. Eastern
- Topic: Buying and configuring that new "holiday" computer for the ultimate court reporter setup
To access the TRAIN chats, visit the following link and follow the instructions to enter the “Chat Lobby” where the chat will be held.
If you have any questions, please contact NCRA's Government Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.