Make it meaningful
As we approach Veterans Day (November 11), the National Court Reporters Foundation (NCRF) urges all members of NCRA to honor our nation’s veterans this November by honoring their service from Veterans Day through Thanksgiving by participating in a Make It Meaningful activity. There are so many things we can do to say, Thank You:
- Fly an American Flag at your home or business.
- Observe a moment of silence, remembering those who have died defending the cause of freedom.
- Write a letter to a soldier who is currently serving our country and give thanks to them. For an address, go to www.anysoldier.com.
- Create a Thank You Board in your workplace, where staff can write notes of appreciation for the veterans in your organization.
- Make an effort to interview a veteran in your family, community, or workplace for the Veterans History Project (VHP) at the Library of Congress. You can find information on VHP by going to www.ncra.org/foundation, and click on Oral Histories.
- Request a pre-recorded interview of a veteran to transcribe for VHP by contacting Beth Kilker, NCRF’s Oral Histories Coordinator, at email@example.com, or calling 800/272-6272, ext. 174.
- Each veteran – and each story – is important. Thank you for participating in the Make it Meaningful initiative.
For additional information on NCRF’s programs, call toll-free on 800/272-6272, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.