Official Election Results
The annual membership business meeting was held Thursday, July 28, 2011, at Bally’s Las Vegas, Nevada. A total of 291 members participated in the meeting on site. Members who were not able to attend the meeting in person were able to follow the discussions live or review them after the fact via a realtime feed to the Internet.
Three contested elections for board and officer positions were conducted at the meeting. As provided for in the Bylaws, all NCRA voting members were able to participate in the final voting online. Polling closed at 1:15 a.m. Pacific Time, July 29, 2011.
Congratulations to NCRA’s 2011-12 Board of Directors
Friend Advances to Presidency
President-elect R. Douglas Friend, RDR, CRR (Portland, Oregon) automatically advances to the office of 2011-11 President.
Smith Elected President-Elect
- Judith G. Werlinger, RMR, CRR, CMRS, FAPR (Hearne, Texas): 508 (46.14%).
- Tami Smith, RPR, CPE (Lansing, Michigan): 593 (53.86%).
Varallo Elected Vice President
Because there were three candidates for this office, in accordance with the requirements of Articles VIII and IX of the NCRA Constitution and Bylaws, voting was conducted in two stages:
1) Preliminary Voting
Per Article VIII, Section 4 (c) of the NCRA Constitution and Bylaws, a secret, written ballot was cast by all eligible Voting Members present and voting at the business meeting. The two candidates receiving the highest number of votes on this preliminary ballot moved forward to the final ballot, which was conducted electronically.
- Sarah E. Nageotte, RDR, CRR, CBC (Jefferson, Ohio): 90.
- Sandra M. Mierop, RPR, CRR, CCP, CBC, FAPR (Anchorage, Alaska): 52.
- Nancy Varallo, RDR, CRR, FAPR (Worcester, Massachusetts): 143.
* Advanced to final ballot.
2) Final Voting
- Sarah E. Nageotte, RDR, CRR, CBC (Jefferson, Ohio): 519 (48.92%).
- Nancy Varallo, RDR, CRR, FAPR (Worcester, Massachusetts): 542 (51.08%).
Willette Elected Director
- Sue A. Terry, RPR, CRR (Springfield, Ohio): 477 (43.76%).
- Christine J. Willette, RMR, CRR, CCP (Rothschild, Wisconsin): 613 (56.24%).
Also elected at the Business Meeting were:
- Bruce A. Matthews, FAPR, RDR, CRR (Cleveland, Ohio) as Secretary-Treasurer;
- Toni C. O’Neill, RPR, FAPR (Riverside, California) to a three-year term as director; and
- Stephen A. Zinone, RPR (Canandaigua, New York to a three-year term as director.