- How do I renew my membership?
- What is the renewal cycle for membership?
- What portion of dues are a deductible business expense?
- How do I update/change my membership information (address, phone, email, etc.)
- I'm taking a break from reporting, is there an inactive status?
- I'm retired from reporting, is there a retired status?
- How can I get a receipt for my membership dues?
- How do I join NCRA?
- What membership category do I qualify under?
- What is the Court Reporter Sourcebook?
- How do I advertise in the Court Reporter Sourcebook?
- When is the Court Reporter Sourcebook published?
- How can I get a Court Reporter Sourcebook?
- What is the Professional Directory?
- How do I update my free reporter listing on the Professional Directory?
- How do I purchase an ad on the Professional Directory?
- How do I update my paid ad on the Professional Directory?
Question not here? E-mail the Membership Department.
You can easily renew your membership by:
- Visiting www.ncra.org to renew online.
- Calling our Member Services and Information Center 800-272-6272 M-F, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. ET.
- Mailing your dues to: NCRA, 8224 Old Courthouse Rd., Vienna, VA 22182 and include your member id.
All memberships run on a calendar year January 1 to December 31. NCRA sends its first renewal notice for the upcoming year in early October. You may select to change your dues to the monthly structure, which will automatically renew you each year. You may also choose to auto-renew your annual dues.
NCRA dues may be deductible as an ordinary business expense, but not deductible as a charitable contribution. The non-deductible ordinary business expense portion of your 2013 dues is 1%. Membership dues include a $69 one-year subscription to the JCR. Your donation to NCRF is 100% tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
- Visit www.ncra.org and log in to get your individual profile and make any necessary changes.
- Call our Member Services and Information Center 800-272-6272 M-F, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. ET
- Email your update(s) to our Member Services and Information Center
- Mail your update(s) to: NCRA, 8224 Old Courthouse Rd., Vienna, VA 22182 and include your member id.
Reporter members who are taking a break from reporting and are not working at all as a reporter can take advantage of Inactive Status Dues for a maximum of six years. The member will be required to sign an Inactive Status form each year to certify that they are not working in order to be eligible for Inactive Status. They will pay half the regular dues rate. If they are a certified member their credential expiration date will advance one year for each year of Inactive Status taken. If they take more than three years of Inactive Status they will also be required to earn additional CEUs to renew their credential. To request Inactive Status contact the Membership Department or call our Member Services and Information Center 800-272-6272 M-F, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. ET. You can also download an Inactive Status Application and fax to 703-556-6291 or email to the Membership Department.
Reporter members who have been reporter members for thirty consecutive years are eligible for free lifetime retired status. Reporters who have been members for less than thirty years can convert to Associate Retired Reporter which has a lesser dues amount. All credentials earned retire upon conversion to any retirement status. For additional details please contact the Membership Department or call our Member Services and Information Center 800-272-6272 M-F, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. ET.
- Email your request for a receipt to our Member Services and Information Center.
- Call our Member Services and Information Center 800-272-6272 M-F, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. ET to request a receipt.
- Mail your receipt request with your payment to: NCRA, 8224 Old Courthouse Rd., Vienna, VA 22182 and include your member id.
- Join online or visit IamNCRA.org to download your appropropriate application form. Not sure which form to choose? See question below.
- Mail your application with dues payment to: NCRA, 8224 Old Courthouse Rd., Vienna, VA 22182.
- Call our Member Services and Information Center 800-272-6272 M-F, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. ET to join by phone.
- Participating Membership – For the following reporter types: Freelance, Official, Hearing, Legislative, Captioner and CART.
- Associate Membership - For Instructor, School Official, Retired Reporter, Stenotype Reporter Agency Owner/Manager, Notereader, Proofreader, Scopist, Transcriptionist, Supplier/Vendor, Attorney, Paralegal, Certified Legal Video Specialist, Secretary, as well as other selected professions.
- Student Membership – For those presently enrolled in a formal stenographic court reporting program/school or scoping school.
The NCRA Sourcebook is a printed and online directory of all NCRA members. For more information, please visit the Sourcebook Page.
Each year, you must have all updates in by April 15 to have your changes in the next edition.
If you need to update your information please log into the NCRA website (www.ncra.org) using your NCRA ID# and your password (initially your last name). If you don’t know your password, click on the “Forgot/Rest Password” link directly under the login information.
Once you have logged in, click on “View Profile” and click on “Edit” on the bottom of the screen. Be sure to also click on the “Supplemental Information” tab to complete the changes to your listing.
If you still have questions about your complimentary listing contact the Membership Department to make any changes to your free listing in the Court Reporter Sourcebook.
Contact NCRA’s partner for the Sourcebook, Executive Publishing. Simply contact the appropriate sales executive for your area to learn about the numerous opportunities available in the Sourcebook.
Tim O’Connell – East Coast
(CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, SC, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV)
410-893-8003 ext 11
Katie Gribbin – Midwest Sales
(AR, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, NE, NV, OK, TN, TX, WI)
410-893-8003 ext 12
Molly Deise – West Coast/International
(AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, MT, ND, NM, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY, plus Canada/Int'l)
410-893-8003 ext 23
In August of each year. The online version is updated monthly.
Call our Member Services and Information Center 800-272-6272 M-F, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. ET or contact the membership department.