CART For Consumers
www.CART-info.org Aids CART ConsumersThe demand for CART has grown tremendously in the last few years, driven primarily by the Americans with Disabilities Act, which recognizes CART as an assistive technology that affords “effective communication access.” Unfortunately, many times the institutions, organizations and companies that are required to ensure communication access for people who are deaf or hard-of-hearing don’t understand the benefits of CART or how to obtain it.
To remedy this situation, NCRA has introduced the Communication Access Information Center (www.cart-info.org), a Web site that contains information regarding CART specifically for CART consumers and those who decide whether or not the service will be provided. Some of the topics covered include:
- How to locate a CART provider
- What to expect from a CART provider
- The many environments where CART can be put to use
- The benefits of CART
- Resources for obtaining CART in the elementary, secondary and postsecondary school settings
- Recent legal decisions involving CART
If CART consumers and others interested in CART need the latest information on this critical service, send them to http://www.cart-info.org/.