Take a moment to browse our large selection of articles and news pertaining to CART. Use the menu on the left hand side of the page to select a subject area.
Some of the subjects covered include General Interest, CART in the Classroom, CART for Meetings, Seminars & Conventions, CART in Places of Worship, CART in Other Settings, Beyond the Comfort Zone, Falling on Deaf Ears, The Consumer, Legal Issues, Remote CART and Sign Interpreters
Please note that most, if not all of the articles listed are NCRA Members only content. Additionally, some articles may also be in Adobe Acrobat format.
- The Keys to Cart Success
- Accommodation: A New Form of Communication
- Projecting Confidence
- Why Providing CART is Fulfilling
- Most Important Variables for a CART Provider
- Fingerspelling Made Simple
- Cross Training to Become a Successful CART Provider
- A Checklist for CART Providers
- Working with Sign Interpreters
- Deaf Culture and Deafness: What Realtimers Should Know
- Hearing from a CART Consumer, an Interview with Chandra Werner
CART in Other Settings
- CART in the Court: Setting a Standard, Pete Wacht
- CARTing a Medical Evaluation, Cathryn Bauer
- CARTing a Wedding, Gayl Hardeman
- "CART in the Courtroom" Model Guidelines
- Covering All the Bases, Susan Goldstein Henley
CART in Places of Worship
- Captioning in Canada - Unique Teamwork, Monette Benoit
- The Honor of Realtiming Funerals, Monette Benoit
Providing Realtime in Church - How Shall They Hear? By Pat Gardiner
CART in Seminars and Events
- The Short Story, Jan Bassarear
- Splitting CART to a Projector and Monitor, Nancy Eaton
- Surprise, Surprise! Expect the Unexpected When Providing CART for Live Events
CART in the Classroom
- Can a College Instructor Object to the Use of CART?
- The Case for Realtime Captioning in the Classroom, Aaron Steinfeld
Falling on Deaf Ears
by Monette Benoit In this six part series, CART provider Monette Benoit answers her most frequently asked questions about CART, her experience, and the industry. Please note that all the articles listed are NCRA Members only content.