By Deanna Baker
This space is a place where any and all levels of captioning questions, be it on-site captioning, broadcast, offline captioning, etc., can be addressed, discussed, referred on. If I don't have the answers, I'll certainly do my best to get the answers for you.
Also, I would like the Captioning Corner to be a place to keep captioners up to date on software/hardware trends, the Deaf and hard-of-hearing community, publications, etc. But all of this won't happen without your input. I'll need your questions, comments, topic suggestions, not only to make my job easier, but to know exactly what you're interested in so I can keep this column interesting. With that in mind, please direct questions to email@example.com.
- How to Complain about Bad or Missing Captions
- Local News and the Road to Success
- Backup Equipment for Captioners
- Unknown End Times and E-mail Names
- Weirdest Commercial Breaks
- Favorite Tips for Captioners
- Broadcast Lingo for Captioners
- How Do You Get Experience?
- Students' Questions About Captioning
- Offline Captioning Primer
- Choosing a Seminar
- What's What in Captioning
- What employment opportunities are there for a student writing realtime at 130 wpm?
- Realtime vs Captioning vs CART
- A Few Good Questions
- How Do I Get Started in Captioning?
- What's the Best Theory for Captioners?
- How do you know if you should go with DOS-based or Windows-based captioning software?
- How many phone lines are necessary to caption from home?
- Are there any Spanish captioners in the U.S., writing Spanish to Spanish?