Ethics First Agreement for Supporters
NCRA has created an Ethics First logo for use by reporters and reporting firms to promote the impartiality and neutrality of the reporting profession and to avoid inappropriate gift giving and gift acceptance. To access the logo, please read the following Ethics First policy and license, then proceed to the agreement form.
ETHICS FIRST™ POLICY AND LICENSE
The National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) is a voluntary membership organization committed to advancing the profession of those who capture and integrate the spoken word into a comprehensive and accurate information base for the benefit of the public and private sectors. One way NCRA accomplishes this is through the promotion of ethical standards for the reporting profession.
NCRA has started the ETHICS FIRST™ campaign as a positive and proactive effort to encourage reporters, firms, and the clients they serve to promote the impartiality and the neutrality of the reporting profession and avoid gift-giving and gift-acceptance. When used correctly, the ETHICS FIRST™ trademark is designed to instill public confidence in, and support for, our profession.
The ETHICS FIRST™ trademark is owned by NCRA. NCRA has the exclusive right to use the ETHICS FIRST™ trademark and to stop others from using it improperly or without authorization. To protect the public, our members, and our profession, NCRA allows the use of its trademark ETHICS FIRST™ only by those who agree to be bound by and follow the NCRA Code of Professional Ethics.
By accepting the terms of this policy and license, the individual must agree to be bound by and follow the NCRA Code of Professional Ethics Furthermore, the ETHICS FIRST™ trademark may be used only on marketing materials and may not be used for any of the following purposes:
- The ETHICS FIRST™ trademark may NOT be incorporated into or used as part of a third party's own logo, company name, or otherwise without the specific written approval of NCRA.
- The ETHICS FIRST™ trademark may NOT be used in any way that is likely to be confusing, misleading, or deceptive as to the true identity or the source of products, services, materials, courses, or programs.
- No mark that is misleadingly similar in design or appearance to the ETHICS FIRST™ trademark or infringes on NCRA’s trademark rights may be used.
- The ETHICS FIRST™ trademark may NOT be used in any manner that is likely to disparage, dilute, or negatively affect the reputation of NCRA or other reporters or reporting firms.
- The ETHICS FIRST™ trademark may NOT be used in a way that is likely to imply that the user, its products, or its services are endorsed by, sponsored, or affiliated with NCRA, without prior written permission from NCRA.
NCRA will pursue its legal rights against those who engage in any of these activities or any other activities that infringe upon NCRA’s trademark rights. This applies not only to the public, but to NCRA members, court reporting firms, and other groups and organizations.
If you agree to the terms and conditions of this ETHICS FIRST™ Policy and License, please fill in and submit the short form below to acknowledge your consent. You may download the ETHICS FIRST™ trademark and NCRA grants you the nonexclusive right to use the ETHICS FIRST™ trademark as described in this Policy and License. Violation of the terms and conditions of this Policy and License may result in immediate revocation of your right to use the ETHICS FIRST™ trademark.
I agree to the terms and conditions of the NCRA ETHICS FIRST Policy and License and agree to abide by the NCRA Code of Professional Ethics.
I certify that I support the tenets and precepts of the Ethics First program and am not involved in the actual making of the record.