Trial Presentation Workshop and Exam
Learn How to Present Compelling Evidence in Court
(Earn up to 1.0 CEU. Attorneys and paralegals, please contact your local bar association regarding CLE credit.)
Visual Communication with a jury or trier of fact is considered one of the most important aspects in winning any trial. Knowing how it all works is key. Sponsored by the National Court Reporters Association, this course is designed for attorneys, legal videographers, court reporters, litigation support professionals, paralegals and legal technology professionals. If you are thinking of going into trial presentation or are performing these functions now, this is the course for you. This workshop will help attendees get a complete overview of the field of trial preparation and presentation and prepare them to work in this field. A faculty featuring some of the top names in the industry will present on topics including:
- An overview of Trial Presentation and Visual Advocacy
- The use and application of Demonstrative Evidence and Graphics
- Overview of Courtroom Technology: Hardware and Software
- Using existing equipment in courtrooms
- Installing equipment in courtrooms for trial presentation
- Software Demonstrations of Leading Trial Presentation Software
- Basic Software Training of the Leading Trial Presentation Software
- Mock demonstrations of and Opening Statement, Closing Argument, Direct and Cross Examinations
- Working with Clients
- Managing Data for Trial Presentation
- Basic Trial Advocacy for the Presentation Consultant
- Common mistakes and pitfalls in all areas
- Coordinating with the Trial Team before and during trial
- Best Practices
Law firms, legal video firms, and court reporting firms can spend thousands on a training like this for their offices. NCRA is please to offer this content for only $685.
There are no formal prerequisites for this program.
Friday, April 11: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 12: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Exam* 3:30 pm - 5:00
Questions about this program? Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-272-6272. NCRA office hours are 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, M-F.
*Upon completion of the workshop, attendees will be eligible to take the Trial Presentation Exam on Saturday, April 12. Attendees who pass the exam will be awarded NCRA’s Trial Presentation Professional Certificate.