On the Hill
NCRA's Government Relations Department is constantly looking for legislation that impacts our members. Below is a list of current legislative issues that NCRA is monitoring:
Key Current Legislation
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- H.R. 3178: "Employee Misclassification Prevention Act"
- S. 445: Local Courthouse Safety Act of 2013
- NCRA is pleased to annouce the availability of the Training for Realtime Writers grants for court reporting schools (read more)
- H.R. 3808: "Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2009"
- S. 3304: "The Twenty-First Century Telecommunications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010"
- Action Alert - Training for Realtime Writers Act
- Department of Education: Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Afforable Care Act
How the Affordable Care Act (Healthcare Law) affects you.
Read an in-depth description of the Supreme Court’s decision on the Affordable Care Act, and how it will affect you.
Interested in who is representing you? Look up your federal, state, and local elected officals.
Find out who is on the House Judiciary Committee.
Find out who is on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Email the Government Relations Department for more information.