Student Intern Scholarship
NCRF has awarded two Student Intern Scholarships of $1,000 each for 2012. Nominations for 2013 are now open. Eligible students must be interning in any of the three career paths (Judicial, either freelance or official; CART; or captioning). Nominations must be received on or before Friday, July 12, 2013.
Criteria for NCRF's Student Intern Scholarship
- The nominee must be a current NCRA student member.
- The nominee must be an intern in any of the three career paths: judicial (official and freelance), CART, and captioning.
- The nominee must be enrolled in an NCRA Certified Court Reporter Training Program.
- Any student that has been in his/her school’s intern program in the past 12 months is eligible.
- The nominee in a judicial court reporting program must have passed at least one of the program’s Q & A tests at a minimum of 190 words per minute.
- The nominee in a CART or captioning program must have passed at least one of the program’s literary tests at a minimum of 160 words per minute.
- The nominee must have a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall,
based on a 4.0 standard or equivalent.
- The nominee must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
- The nominee must possess all the qualities exemplified by a professional
court reporter, including professional attitude, demeanor, dress, and
- All criteria must be confirmed and verified by the submitting program.
8224 Old Courthouse Road
Vienna, Virginia 22182-3808
800-272-NCRA (6272) x152
2012: Kelly Hall, Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ
2012: Carolyn Crescio, StenoTech Career Institute, Fairfield, NJ
2011: Sheila Roberson Barkley, Prince Institute, Montgomery, Ala.
2011: Michael McMorran, Sage College, San Diego, Calif.
2010: John Partain -Alvin Community College, Alvin, TX
2010: Janine Hebenthal - Stark State College of Technology, Canton, OH
2009: Whitney Lofton - Chattanooga State Tech Cmty. College, Chattanooga, TN
2009: Karen Kurzdorfer - College of Court Reporting, Hobart, IN
2008: Paula Berard - Chattanooga State Tech Cmty. College, Chattanooga, TN
2008: Stephanie Fernandez - Cerritos College, Norwalk, CA
2007: Jessica Hendricks - Alvin Community College, Alvin, TX
2007: Leah Faulkner - Sheridan Technical Center, Hollywood, FL
2006: Joy Reich - Business Informatics Center, Valley Stream, NY
2006: Christine Kutanovski - College of Court Reporting, Hobart, IN
2005: Alanna Leeper - Tennessee Career College
2005: Denyse Stone -Sarasota County Technical Institute