Student Intern Scholarship
NCRF will be awarding two Student Intern Scholarships of $1,000 each in 2017.
Watch for announcements here and through NCRA media, such as the JCR and JCR Weekly emails to the membership. Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
Criteria for NCRF's Student Intern Scholarship
- The nominee must be a current NCRA student member.
- The nominee must be an intern in any of the three career paths: judicial (official and freelance), CART, and captioning.
- The nominee must be enrolled in an NCRA Certified Court Reporter Training Program.
- Any student that has been in his/her school’s intern program in the past 12 months is eligible.
- The nominee in a judicial court reporting program must have passed at least one of the program’s Q & A tests at a minimum of 190 words per minute.
- The nominee in a CART or captioning program must have passed at least one of the program’s literary tests at a minimum of 160 words per minute.
- The nominee must have a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall, based on a 4.0 standard or equivalent.
- The nominee must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
- The nominee must possess all the qualities exemplified by a professional court reporter, including professional attitude, demeanor, dress, and motivation.
- All criteria must be confirmed and verified by the submitting program.
For any questions, contact April Weiner, NCRF’s Foundation Manager, by phone on 800/272-6272, ext. 152, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016: Stephen Sudano, Long Island Business Institute, Commack, NY
2016: Aspen Keech, Community College of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA
2015: Elizabeth Vanghelof, Atlantic Technical Center, Coconut Creek, FL
2015: Katherine Schilling, West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
2014: Rebecca Russo, Gadsden State Community College, Gadsden, AL
2014: Kelly Greer, Community College of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA
2013: Tamara Buerkle, Sheridan Technical Center, Hollywood, FL
2013: Victoria Pacheco, Prince Institute-Rocky Mountains, Westminster, CO
2012: Kelly Hall, Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ
2012: Carolyn Crescio, StenoTech Career Institute, Fairfield, NJ
2011: Sheila Roberson Barkley, Prince Institute, Montgomery, Ala.
2011: Michael McMorran, Sage College, San Diego, Calif.
2010: John Partain -Alvin Community College, Alvin, TX
2010: Janine Hebenthal - Stark State College of Technology, Canton, OH
2009: Whitney Lofton - Chattanooga State Tech Cmty. College, Chattanooga, TN
2009: Karen Kurzdorfer - College of Court Reporting, Hobart, IN
2008: Paula Berard - Chattanooga State Tech Cmty. College, Chattanooga, TN
2008: Stephanie Fernandez - Cerritos College, Norwalk, CA
2007: Jessica Hendricks - Alvin Community College, Alvin, TX
2007: Leah Faulkner - Sheridan Technical Center, Hollywood, FL
2006: Joy Reich - Business Informatics Center, Valley Stream, NY
2006: Christine Kutanovski - College of Court Reporting, Hobart, IN
2005: Alanna Leeper - Tennessee Career College
2005: Denyse Stone -Sarasota County Technical Institute