Student Intern Scholarship
NCRF will be awarding two Student Intern Scholarships of $1,000 each in summer 2016.
Watch for announcements here and through NCRA media, such as the JCR and JCR Weekly emails to the membership. Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
Criteria for NCRF's Student Intern Scholarship
- The nominee must be a current NCRA student member.
- The nominee must be an intern in any of the three career paths: judicial (official and freelance), CART, and captioning.
- The nominee must be enrolled in an NCRA Certified Court Reporter Training Program.
- Any student that has been in his/her school’s intern program in the past 12 months is eligible.
- The nominee in a judicial court reporting program must have passed at least one of the program’s Q & A tests at a minimum of 190 words per minute.
- The nominee in a CART or captioning program must have passed at least one of the program’s literary tests at a minimum of 160 words per minute.
- The nominee must have a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall, based on a 4.0 standard or equivalent.
- The nominee must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
- The nominee must possess all the qualities exemplified by a professional court reporter, including professional attitude, demeanor, dress, and motivation.
- All criteria must be confirmed and verified by the submitting program.
For any questions, contact April Weiner, NCRF’s Foundation Assistant, by phone on 800/272-6272, ext. 152, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015: Elizabeth Vanghelof, Atlantic Technical Center, Coconut Creek, FL
2015: Katherine Schilling, West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
2014: Rebecca Russo, Gadsden State Community College, Gadsden, AL
2014: Kelly Greer, Community College of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA
2013: Tamara Buerkle, Sheridan Technical Center, Hollywood, FL
2013: Victoria Pacheco, Prince Institute-Rocky Mountains, Westminster, CO
2012: Kelly Hall, Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ
2012: Carolyn Crescio, StenoTech Career Institute, Fairfield, NJ
2011: Sheila Roberson Barkley, Prince Institute, Montgomery, Ala.
2011: Michael McMorran, Sage College, San Diego, Calif.
2010: John Partain -Alvin Community College, Alvin, TX
2010: Janine Hebenthal - Stark State College of Technology, Canton, OH
2009: Whitney Lofton - Chattanooga State Tech Cmty. College, Chattanooga, TN
2009: Karen Kurzdorfer - College of Court Reporting, Hobart, IN
2008: Paula Berard - Chattanooga State Tech Cmty. College, Chattanooga, TN
2008: Stephanie Fernandez - Cerritos College, Norwalk, CA
2007: Jessica Hendricks - Alvin Community College, Alvin, TX
2007: Leah Faulkner - Sheridan Technical Center, Hollywood, FL
2006: Joy Reich - Business Informatics Center, Valley Stream, NY
2006: Christine Kutanovski - College of Court Reporting, Hobart, IN
2005: Alanna Leeper - Tennessee Career College
2005: Denyse Stone -Sarasota County Technical Institute