New Professional Reporter Grant
Attention Firm Owners and Employers!
NCRF is proud to offer the New Professional Reporter Grant annually. This $2,000 grant helps support start-up expenses for a new employee in his/her first year out of school.
Watch for announcements in early–winter 2014 regarding next year's grant.
Criteria for NCRF's New Professional Reporter Grant
The applicant must be a current NCRA member.
- The applicant must have graduated from an NCRA-certified program.
- The applicant must have graduated with a grade point average of at least a 3.5 overall, based on a 4.0 standard or equivalent, as verified by his/her transcript.
- The applicant must submit a copy of his/her official transcript with this application.
- The applicant must be in his/her first year out of school, as verified by an official transcript.
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her employer or contracting agency attesting to the applicant's professional demeanor, attitude, and motivation.
- The applicant must be working in any of the three career paths: judicial (official/freelance), CART, or captioning.
- Only one nomination will be accepted per employer or agency.
8224 Old Courthouse Road
Vienna, Virginia 22182-3808
2012 - Anna Lashley, Tallapoosa County Courthouse, Dadeville, AL
2011 - Lauren Ann Balogh, A. Williams Roberts, Jr. & Assoc., Charleston, SC
2010 - Sharon Rausch, U.S. Legal Support, Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, FL
2009 - Linda Visser, Falcon Reporting, Orlando, FL
2008 - Jennifer Mann, Ace Reporters, Philadelphia, PA
2007 - Erin Brockman, Polk County Courthouse, Des Moines, IA
2006 - Kristina Pedersen, Bluegrass Reporting Agency, LLC, Paducah KY
2005 - Laura Tharp, Siedel & Sasse, Valparaiso, IN