This scholarship is offered through the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA). Students must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the completed application listed below to qualify for the scholarship. Notification of the CASE Scholarship is sent each February to all NCRA-approved court reporting programs.
NCRA announces the opening of the 2017 CASE Student Scholarship | Deadline April 7, 2017
The first place winner will receive $1,500; second place, $1,000; and third place, $500.
To be eligible to apply for the CASE Student Scholarships, you must meet the criteria below:
- Attend an NCRA-approved court reporting program;
- Hold student membership in NCRA;
- Have attained an exemplary academic record;
- Have passed one skills test writing 140-180 words per minute at the time of submission (submit verification form);
- Submit three recommendation forms;
- Submit an essay on the following subject: "Describe what the professions of court reporting and captioning are like today from your perspective. What do you think the professions of court reporting and captioning will be like in the next ten years?”
DEADLINE for 2017 applications: APRIL 7, 2017
CASE Student Scholarship Forms | Download below:
- Letter of Instruction to Students
- Letter of Instruction to Court Reporting Programs
- Speed Verification Form
- Recommendation Form (submit three)
*Students who have previously been awarded a CASE Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
For more information on the CASE Student Scholarship, please contact a member of our Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.