Virtual Mentors Program
- I respect my student's time, and I will answer e-mails promptly. ("Promptly" is a term to be defined by the mentor and student.)
- I will try to guide my student by words and example.
- I realize the relationship between myself and my student is professional and that our communications should remain private.
- I acknowledge that any views, opinions, guidance or remarks I may make are personal and may not reflect the views, opinions, guidance or remarks of the National Court Reporters Association or any other professional association.
- I will notify my student when I am unavailable to receive/send e-mails.
- I promise to abide by the guidelines, or any other guidelines in the future, adopted by the National Court Reporters Association Virtual Mentoring Program. If I fail to adhere to these guidelines, I understand and agree that my name may be removed from the mentoring list.
- I understand that my assignment as a mentor is voluntary. If I elect to discontinue my participation in the NCRA Virtual Mentoring Program, I agree to promptly e-mail my student of this decision. As a courtesy to my student and the NCRA Virtual Mentoring Program, I will promptly notify firstname.lastname@example.org of my decision via e-mail so that another mentor may be assigned to my student.
- I understand that mentoring a student through this program may be eligible for Professional Development Credit (PDC) towards my NCRA certification(s). Please download the Mentoring Form for more details. The Mentoring Interning Form must be submitted with a PDC request form. Information on PDCs can be found under our Continuing Education guidelines.