RPR, RMR, RDR, CRR, CBC, CCP Reinstatement
1. Membership Reinstatement Policy. Any membership terminated for nonpayment of dues or charges may be reinstated at any time prior to the close of that Membership year upon payment of the full current year’s dues and any delinquent charges.
Any membership terminated by resignation may be reinstated to the Member’s former class of Membership upon written request and payment of the full current year’s dues. In the case of a Registered Member, reinstatement to the former class of Membership will be dependent upon fulfilling the continuing education requirements and such other requirements as may be in effect at the time of reinstatement.
2. Certification Reinstatement Policy. Appeal Guidelines: Member may seek such reinstatement once.
- Individual is required to have a minimum of .50 CEUs accrued during cycle prior to request of reinstatement.
- Appeals are denied where certification was lost four or more years prior.
- Second appeals are denied (extenuating circumstances may be considered).
- First-time appeals for reinstatement are granted (where certification was lost in the most recent three-year period) by adding a new three-year cycle to their most recent expiration date, adding the missing credits from prior cycles to the new three-year cycle, and requiring payment of any back dues owing.
- The Council of the Academy of Professional Reporters (CAPR) Committee Chair is authorized to decide appeals presented in between CAPR meetings based on the above guidelines, and to place on the next CAPR agenda any appeals that involve issues not covered by the above guidelines.